“What are these deep dives you speak of?”
- Random Inquisitive Person
A detailed examination of a specific topic. In my day-to-day work life, I use a variety of technologies to deliver desired behaviours. However, I would be lying if I said I understood all of them beyond their rudimentary uses. I know how to use them… I doubt I could write an essay from memory on the granular details and the pros and cons of these approaches. Doing a deep dive into these subjects might help me expand my mind. As I am researching, I will compile notes and structure them into posts. This is mostly for my own benefit, but if others can find a benefit in this then that's good too.
The topics will be targeted more towards stuff I don't use very often. As this is where I can achieve the most new knowledge. My approach to doing this learning is from a variety of sources.
- Blogs (mainly figures from the .net community)
- Forums (stackoverflow and slack communities)
- Online courses (pluralsight and company training materials)
- Books (although not often as I prefer the more interactive approaches)